the twit

    2.26.2006

    To Whom It May Concern:

    (the following is a letter given to me by an exceptionally talented student of mine. she is by far one the most mature and intelligent people i've met at jim hill, and i'm excited about every opportunity i get to assist her in achieving her goals/aspirations. this post is in some ways an unabashed solicitation on her part [with her permission], in some ways an interesting juxtaposition to the post immediately following [re: "Statement of Incident"], and in some ways merely a witness to the kind of incredible talent that i run into daily - craving every opportunity to futher develop itself.)

    To Whom it May Concern:

    My name is Renee Ombaba, and I am a Sophomore at Jim Hill High School and have been a member of the Jim Hill High School Concert Choir and Chorale since ninth grade. I have been a member of Mississippi State -Honors Choir for the past two years and I have been studying piano for eight years.

    Just recently I learned that I was selected as one of only two students from Jackson Public Schools to perform with the prestigious SOUND OF AMERICA Honor Band and Chorus 2006 European Concert Tour. This group will perform eleven concerts in six countries during its twenty-five day tour. Unsurprisingly, I am thrilled at the possibility of joining the select group of musicians.

    Each participant must pay his or her own expenses estimated at $5,000. Because I am not sure if this opportunity will ever present itself again, I am working to earn some of the money for the trip. However, I will need substantial assistance from the Tri-County Community [Hinds, Rankin, and Madison, MS] to make this dream a reality. If you could possibly make a contribution to assist me in this once-in-a-lifetime cultural experience, I would be very grateful. Please help me be able to perform in some of the great concert halls of Europe by making a contribution to help with the expenses of this unexpected honor. Please make your check payable to:

    Renee Ombaba/Sound of America
    P.O. Box 1575
    Jackson, MS 39213

    For your financial support, I would be honored to perform for any civic club or organization as well as for any business or industrial function upon request. My home phone number is 601-982-4390.

    When I began my music career eight years ago, little did I know I would have such an unique opportunity to perform abroad. Now, with your help, I have a chance to proudly represent Jackson and the United States.

    Thank you for your consideration and support.
    Sincerely,

    Renee N. Ombaba

    1 comment:

    Ms. Blue Jeans said...

    It's the fact that this kind of thing doesn't merit a "statement of incident" that makes the real world so unpleasantly unreal. My check's in the mail. Hugs!